Thursday, February 09, 2006
Why Do I Cry
Why do you cry?
Let me hear no lie
For my tears that flow
Come from a place I do not know

A messed-up state of toil and strife
Of fear that cuts me like a knife
Do I really cry for man's sad plight
Or for my weakness - dark as night?

For unloved orphans do tears fall?
Or hardened hearts that heed no call?
For prejudice burning like a coal
On man's joint record - a long dark scroll

Of hate and envy greed and death
And lying words with every breath?
Dare I kid myself 'tis true
That I really cry for you?

For true I think my tears are mine
Regretting missed chances time after time
Putting off good deeds to another day
Comfortable at home I'd rather stay

While young kids live in fear and pain
Knowing man's harshness and disdain
Dare I sit and preach of right
While life is darker than the night?

Will my words hungry bellies fill?
Will my tears dry other tears that spill?
Or do I have to get right up
And live my life - not wait for luck?

My life is made up from my hands
My work and effort - not just my plans
And when I'm gone what will you see?
My actions tell the truth about me.
posted by ratna @ 5:12 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
W E L C O M E
ABOUT ME & THE BLOG

Perempuan dalam Serangkaian cita untuk jadi lebih baik setiap masa.... Dalam ketundukkan pada Tuhan inginkan kekekalan yang indah............ Jika setiap kata bisa jadi sarana menuju kesana, semoga blog ini wujudkannya ...

Recent Post
Archives
Blog's Neighbourhood
M Y G A L L E R Y
Al QUR'AN & HADITS
  • ">
L I N K S

Indonesian Muslim Blogger

15n41n1
Please Say Something Here...
Name :
Web URL :
Message :
:) :( :D :p :(( :)) :x
©Copy Right 2006 rtriana.blogspot.com